Monday, January 26, 2009

Take me back

Sitting at the concert Saturday night, tobyMac breaks into 'Jesus Freak' by dc talk. I VIVIDLY remember hearing that song for the first time; it blew my mind. I had heard nothing like that in Christian music, and it stuck. They changed the landscape with that song and album. Hearing it 10 years later, live, it took me back to the Sioux City Auditorium with a handful of youth from the Union Memorial Church; seeing the album tour for that album, seeing Toby jump off the stack of speakers into the crowd...who knew being a follower of Jesus could be so...freaky? Now...I think of the kids, hearing it for the first time tomorrow (I plan on unleashing it on them in the morning)...I hope it blows their mind as much as it still does mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment