Monday, August 20, 2012

Just a little patience

So we got home last Thursday afternoon. Great vacation. The best. Colorado has a soothing effect on my soul and I came back free, easy, and relaxed. Even through checking some work emails! Then...we had to get groceries. In the span of 30 min, we got honked at, bumped, cut off, glared at, and pretty much welcomed back to reality by the cold harsh truth of half of Des Moines getting groceries at the Wal-mart on a Thursday evening. I was struck at how impatient everyone was. We saw a little of that on vacation; most notably, the folks who charge through a door regardless of you and what you have in your hands. But it wasn't too bad. But this was a different thing all together. Cool thing, though...I told Kari that I was trying to get worked up, but couldn't. I realized that the free and easy didn't have to go away, and no matter how jerky someone was being, I didn't have to let it get under my skin. So...I didn't. While there might not be mountains out the window, it feels a bit like Colorado in the evening and internally there is a peaceful sunset over the hills that I am gonna try real hard to let no one take away!

No comments:

Post a Comment