Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm packin' up my game and I'm a head out west...

Shameless Kid Rock. Always did wanna be a cowboy, baby.

Van is loaded, save the cooler, which I did load last night in hopes of running home, throwing it in, and rolling. Mentally the checklist is almost done; just a few things stand between me and the sweet freedom of I80, Nebraska (my nemesis), and the majesty of Christ on display in the rocks, trees, and cool air of Colorado. Truthfully, it could rain all week and I'd be happy. the time to go, the time to invest in the kids, to spend with Kari, to be and to not have to be, you know?

Updates...where to begin? So much since Christmas...the dog is the dog. She is full of life, personality, and we love her like crazy. She is also certifiable. And has made me that way. I wouldn't change that, though. Bria is still hanging in, is old, cannot see or hear very well, but has a spark that keeps the puppy in line.

Kristyn is poised to enter 6th grade, plays the flute well, is beautiful and talented and growing in her sense of maturity and responsibility. She has some great friends, and I am amazed at what I see in her. What a tremendous young woman! She also loves basketball, taking after her mother!

Brady - soccer, bball, going to be a 4th grader after skipping 3rd this year. He is active, reads a ton, and is creative as the day is long. It is amazing to watch the world through his eyes. We may try to knock out a mountain together this trip - a little man time, a passing on of some guy stuff along the way. He is an amazing young man.

Emersyn is the life of the party. She is never at a loss for words, even when Daddy is falling asleep in the chair with her. She lives life with gusto, loves the dogs more than all of us, and is the first to jump in when something needs doing. She sparkles. Enough said.

Kari and I are well; we made it through another school year, I graduated seminary and will be officially ordained the end of the month. Kari ran her first 5k, and she did awesome with only a week of training! Tomorrow will be 13 years for us, Aug 8, 1998 continues to be one of the best days of my life. I got to do 2 days of RAGBRAI this summer, after missing it for 5 years due to school. Kari gifted me those days, and it was more than I could have hoped. So much fun. We also spent 4 days at Riverside, doing family camp. I would say our family has grown spiritually this summer through many avenues, but camp was by far the most profound.

So I better think about getting to work. Church in an hour. I'll be updating, as will Kari, along the way. Thanks for reading, thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment