Thursday, March 18, 2010

Palm Coast and Points Beyond

So we finally regain access to the internet last night; cleaned up some emails and reconnected a bit...funny how relaxing it was to NOT be able to check email and stuff...Twitter kept y'all updated and the lack of access kept me focused on re-creation rather than working remotely.  Not sure how that will impact the Greek quiz I have to take to get into my class, but...I'm an adult learner; I make choices. 

So the Disney experience was spectacular; too many highlights for a tired mind right now.  I'll be posting pics all next week and 'recapping' the trip for our fam (and any of you who choose to read...)  The Mouse was way cooler than I could have imagined and I cannot wait to come back in a few years. 

Today we went on a drive up A1A along the ocean; huge waves and great lunch at the Golden Lion in Flagler Beach...then on Matanzas (sp?) Beach for some sand and surf (a little sun, too), then up to St. Augustine with the Magnell family.  They showed us around the Castillo, a 1500's era fortress that guards the inlet to St. Augustine proper...Emy, Kristyn, Brady, and Wesley stowed the guns, fired the cannons, and waged war on the pirates in the harbor; Kari got to see her dolphins (didn't get to swim with them -- next time when it is warmer); we had a great coffee drink on the crazy old streets in St. A; the kids lit candles at the little Greek Orthodox chapel for Haiti, Chile, and for Mommy and Daddy; and now we are packing up and resting in preps for the journey north starting at 3 am Eastern time...gotta throw together a playlist for my amusement and alertness!

Our stay with the Magnells has been just what we needed -- super relaxed last night with beverages and conversation until way too late, an early morning run along the beach, lots of laughs and homecooked meals.  They have so gracious to us, especially having moved in a few days ago into their new home...we love these guys and are SO thankful for our time with them as we begin the decompress from Disney and re-entry preparations for home.  So it is on the road, hoping for St. Louis or somewhere south by tomorrow afternoon or evening.  Coffee will be my companion, as will Greek vocab and rockin' (softly mind you) tunes through the night tonight.  I gotta say I am not ready to come home -- I like vacation too much; in fact, I still get a touch verclempt thinking about leaving Port Orleans yesterday...Disney declares, "Welcome home!" as you arrive each night via bus to your hotel after the day at the park -- it truly felt like home...great thing is, I know we can go back and will.  Even better, I know HOME is waiting, calling us northward; I am as excited tonight to be there as I was to arrive in Orlando last Friday. 

Pray us safe; think of us as we go; cannot wait to see you all soon!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment